No matter how minor, surgery can be stressful for patients and their loved ones. At Desoto Surgery Center, everything we do is designed to ensure that your surgical experience is as relaxed and comfortable as possible. Our staff will work with your physician to minimize your waiting time and provide you and your loved ones with the information you need during the recovery process.
Prior to surgery:
- Do not eat or drink – even water, chewing gum or hard candy – after midnight prior to your surgery. Unless otherwise stated.
- Do not smoke or use any form of tobacco after midnight prior to your surgery.
- Notify your surgeon if there is a change in your physical condition, i.e. cold, fever, etc.
- Several days prior to your procedure, a representative from the office with contact you to discuss financial responsibility.
- Make arrangements for a responsible adult to accompany you to and from Desoto Surgery Center, stay in the facility during surgery, and stay with you for at least 24 hours after surgery. Children must have parent or legal guardian that remains in the surgery center until the child is discharged. You may bring their favorite toy or blanket.
- 2 - 3 days before your procedure, a nurse will call you to go over your appointment and special instructions.
- Please bring appropriate cases for eyeglasses and contact lenses as they may not be worn during surgery. Please bring appropriate cases for eyeglasses, contacts, dentures, or bridges.
- Please wear cotton undergarments the day of your surgery.
- Get directions to our facility here.
- Bring all applicable insurance information and cards as well as a photo ID. Please leave your valuables at home.
- Be sure to pre-register on-line using the “Patient Registration Here” button found on the Homepage. Once you click “Register Now” you’ll be taken to our online registation where you can enter your health information. Please try to do this as soon as possible. Your physician should have provided the login and password. If you’re a returning patient, an access token was sent to your email. If you’ve forgotten or need help, please call the surgery center.
Should you have further questions, please contact us at (662) 349-0910.
The day of your surgery:
- Please arrive at your scheduled time for surgery. If your surgeon gives you a different time, please arrive at the time they give you.
- Bathe or shower with an antibacterial soap such as Dial or Lever Antibacterial prior to coming to Desoto Surgery Center.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes that are easy to get into after your surgery.
- Leave all valuables at home – we cannot be responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings.
- Remove all make-up, nail polish, piercings & jewelry.
- Our staff will closely monitor your condition until you are ready to be discharged. A nurse will discuss your discharge instructions with you and your caretakers.
- Make sure you have a responsible adult available to stay with you in the 24 hours following your procedure.
- Do not drive or sign any contracts or legal documents for a minimum of 24 hours after your procedure.
- Follow all instructions when taking your prescriptions.
- Please respond to the patient questionnaire you will be emailed. Your input helps us ensure we are doing our best. If you leave a comment, you will be entered into our quarterly drawing for a $50 gift card of your choice.